2nd MAP-i Doctoral Symposium
6-8 July 2009
The 2nd edition of the MAP-i Doctoral Symposium takes place at the Universidade do Porto, Departamento de Ciência de Computadores da Faculdade de Ciências, from July 6th till July 8th, 2009. It builds on the success of the 1st edition held at the Universidade do Minho, Departamento de Informática.
This year the MAP-i Doctoral Symposium will have three invited speakers and four sessions:
- Robot Policy Learning by Demonstration,
Prof. Manuela Veloso, Carnegie Mellon University
- Thread Safety by Typing for Object Oriented Concurrent Programming,
Prof. Luís Caires, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Computational Neuro-Engineering,
Prof. José Carlos Príncipe, University of Florida
1) Thesis Proposals of the 2008/09 MAP-i students.
The thesis proposal is presented to a committee for review and approval. Each session lasts a maximum of one hour comprehending 20 minutes for the student presentation, 30 minutes for discussion, and 10 minutes for the committee's decision.
2) Work in Progress of the 2007/08 MAP-i students.
Students completing their second year will present their current status of their research work. Presentations take 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions.
3) Work in Progress Open Session.
This session is open to any student from the three universities enrolled for PhD in Computer Science or Informatics Engineering in a different program, to present their research work. Presentations take 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions.
- Provisional agenda of the presentations (Sessions 2 and 3)
- List of presentations and abstracts (Sessions 2 and 3)
4) MAPi-Industry partnerships.
This session is intended to foster cooperation between MAPi faculty and students with major national IT companies interested in establishing partnerships that will bring innovation into their business. The representatives will meet new applicants for MAPi.
Submissions consisting of abstracts (including title, author and affiliation) should be sent as early as possible, no later then the 24th of June, to the following email address: email@example.com.